Sunday, November 4, 2012

Maelstrom Games closed down?

Hi, I just found out that the Maelstrom Games website is down! Some may have heard the rumors of financial problems in the company but I never believed them untill now. Looking at the large wargame forums you can see threads of dozens of pages about delaying orders and the lack of proper communication. 


Strange as in the past I have always received my orders fast and especially cheap compared with other sources, pitty those times are over but lukily there are some other nice alternatives located in the UK. First of all we have Wayland Games which I have also used in the past and has a right way of dealing with problems. Secondly we have the brick and mortar store which also offers online shopping called Total Wargamer which has good postage rates for the UK and Europe.

Stayed tuned as the riddle of Maelstrom will probably soon unfold.

4 comments:

Graham C said...

If you follow the threads, Maelstrom have set up two other companies Maunsfield Games and the Eye of The Storm both of which they state they will be stocking product soon. But focused on the gaming centre.
Lets see what happens but to me how can they continue to trade when they appear to have ripped off quite a few people!

DeanM said...

Hmm, I hope not. I thought they are hosting a WAB tournament early next year. I also order most of my Perry & Victrix stuff from them. Best, Dean

Wargame News and Terrain Blog said...

Hi, I have been following the threads and saw the other companies but thought it was mierce Miniatures and Eye of the storm. I was also wodnering why they neglict their current customer for a new venture based upon the need of the same audience?

@DeanM: They will probably organise the event in the Eye of the Storm shop/ gaming palace. You can still order it from Wayland Games if you're interested pleas visit them through the picture on my blog so they now you've passed through me :).

Cheers and thanks for the comments and fingers crossed for Maelstrom Games.

tim said...

North Star Military Figures (one of Maelstrom's suppliers) announced yesterday on their facebook page that Maelstrom has ceased to be as a business.